Monday, December 28, 2015

Gâteau au chocolat: Simple chocolate cake

Last week, I had a very busy week. As my mom wanted me to bake a lot of cake (and cookies) for her, so she could take them to the new year party.

 Don't get me wrong, it's fun (as I like to be in the kitchen) but it drained most of my energy, haha. The end of the year is always be like this, a lot of work and a lot of fun.
And every times that I bake for other people, I want to bake something for myself too. Chocolate always be the right answer, it give me a load of energy and happiness. This simple chocolate cake is very easy to make, and very forgiving. Serve it with a lot of sweetened whipped cream is the best (and I end up eat more whipped cream than cake, haha), anyway it's very delicious on its own too.
I still have some parties to hold, mean a load of cake and sweet, hope they'll be great. But I have this cake in the fridge now, so after this when I feel tired I know where my source of energy is, ^^. 



Gâteau au chocolat: Simple chocolate cake
Make 15 cm cake 



55g ............................................. Butter
100g ........................................... Dark chocolate
50ml ........................................... Whipping cream
2 ................................................. Eggs
50g ............................................. Granulated sugar
35g ............................................. Cake flour
15g ............................................. Cocoa powder

For serving
.................................................... Sweetened whipped cream
.................................................... Fresh berries

Preheat an oven to 170C
Line 15cm pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour and cocoa powder together.



 Put the butter and dark chocolate into a microwavable bowl.
Melt in the microwave for 2 minutes (low power), and stir until melt completely.


 Pour the whipping cream into the bowl and stir to combine.


 Set aside.


 Beat the eggs in another bowl until foamy, add the sugar gradually.


 Beat until thick and light in color.


 Pour the dark chocolate mixture into the bowl, fold lightly.


 Fold the flour mixture into the bowl, divide into 3 addition.


 Fold until smooth.


 Pour into the prepared pan.


Bake for 25-30 minutes.


Gâteau au chocolat: Simple chocolate cake

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm from Vietnam and accidentally found your blog. I'm also a banking n cooking lover, n it's really inspiring to see all the jobs you've done. Keep it up n keep sharing your work. I'll have a lot of recipes from your blog to test next year! Thanks heap and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...