Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Morning: Cheesy Egg Bake

 When all the family members get together, I don't have much time to try new things ^^. All the requests are something they love (and I already posted the recipes, hehe).


Cooking for my family is what I love, I spend most of my time cooking and baking but you can see that most of them are something easy. I always believe that delicious dish comes from our heart ^^, when cooking or baking don't forget to pay attention to detail, small mistake can ruin the dish too.
This time, I make easy breakfast for my family, egg, milk, bread, cheese and Pimientos go into one dish, it's a complete breakfast. For the Pimientos, it adds a bit of sour taste to this dish and makes it more interesting, but if you don't like sour taste or can't find it, use fresh red pepper instead (stir fry it until soften before using).


Cheesy Egg Bake 
Makes using 20x20cm 

 1tbsp ............................. Butter
150g ............................... Spanish Whole Pimientos, cut into pieces
1/8cup ........................... Parsley, chopped
1 1/2tbsp ....................... Fresh thyme
5 ...................................... Eggs
2cup ................................ Milk
1/4tsp ............................. Salt
1/8tsp ............................. Ground pepper
6 slices ............................ Plain white bread
90g .................................. Gruyere cheese, grated 

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Have ready 20cmx20cm pan.


 Put butter into microwavable bowl, and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds (600w).
Mix in the Pimientos and parsley.
 Line 3 slices of bread in the pan, pour the Pimientos mixture into the pan, and sprinkle with 65g of Gruyere cheese.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper with 1tbsp of Fresh thyme, then pour into the pan.
Then place the rest of the bread on top, press lightly.
Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and thyme.
 Put the pan in the oven, bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubble around the side of the pan (cover with aluminium foil if the top begin to brown)
Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.


Happy Morning: Cheesy Egg Bake 

3 comments:

  1. What can I substitute that red veggie with ;( I can't find it in my area ( honestly this is the 1st time I heard abt it haha )

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so great!!! i have never heard about that veggie, but i will try with baked red bell pepper, at least it's red :))

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...