Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chicken Farm Baker's Project 23:Spicy Sweet Treats !!! Bell Pepper Tiramisu.



Well, I have to say, this is something that I really want to try a long time ago but I didn't have a chance. Until for this month, the Chicken Farm Baker's Project 23:Spicy Sweet Treats !!!, host of the project want us to make the sweet with a touch of spice!


I can't say that my dessert is the right answer, because it didn't have a spicy taste or a hot flavor at all, ^ ^". But the right thing that I know is I really use the pepper!


I choose to make a bell pepper tiramisu, the first reason, I love mascapone and the second I like bell pepper.
I love to eat bell pepper, I can have it as a snack, well, I think the red and the yellow one are the best sweet with a lovely smell, and I really believe that they can be great in the dessert too.
But not everybody love them like me, so I have to transform the pepper into something special (or, I have to cover their fragrance that some people don't like). First I bake the pepper and get the skin out, this way the pepper will be sweeter and when taking the skin out the texture is great, soft and moist, like a fruit.
Then I chop it and let it sit in the liqueur (I choose Creme de Framboises, it's sweet and smell very good). When tasting it after the pepper soaked with the liqueur, the smell of the liqueur cover it and makes it sweeter.
After turning it into the tiramisu, I let my tasters taste it and ask their feel, most of them say that it's delicious, but they really don't know what is the red and yellow fruit that I use, ^ ^. Well I think that I get my mission done, but for most of you trying something new will be a great challenge and I think this one is worth trying!






Bell pepper tiramisu
serves 4



2 ...................................... Bell peppers
50ml ............................... Creme de framboise 
125ml ............................. Whipping cream
2 ...................................... Egg yolks
30g .................................. Caster sugar
½ tsp .............................. Vanilla paste
125g ................................ Mascapone cheese
50ml ............................... Creme de framboise 
......................................... Lady finger biscuits



- Creme de Framboises -

Preheat the oven to 200°C. 



Cut and seeded the pepper and line on a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until soft.
Put the peppers in the plastic bag and let them steam for 10 minutes, then peel the skin from the pepper.
Chop the pepper into 1 cm cube and macerate the pepper pieces in 50 ml of Creme de framboise for 1 hour.

Prepare the mascapone cream:



Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form, then set aside.




Beat the yolks with the sugar follow with the vanilla paste, beat until light.
Put the mascapone into the bowl and fold with the rubber spatula until combine.
Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture.




Dip the biscuit into the 60 ml of Creme de Framboises and place it in the glass, place the bell pepper on top and followed with mascapone cream. Then make another layers of biscuits, pepper and cream.
Refrigerated for half an hour before serving.


Chicken Farm Baker's Project 23:Spicy Sweet Treats !!! 
Bell Pepper Tiramisu.

2 comments:

  1. love it ka sis!!!!!!!!!
    look so fantactic and colorful
    wanna try kaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the idea is amazing! im not adventurous enough to try this knowing that bell peppers are in it but if you offer it to me, i might just try! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...