Friday, February 1, 2008

Plain Sandwich Bread from Bread Machine

I just bought a good ham last week and making a grand sandwich is a good idea (plus I will have a chance to show you my bread), I usually bake the sandwich bread myself (I like to play with the flour if I have a chance). For this sandwich bread, this is the adaptation that I make to suit the knead program of the bread machine. Because the bread machine (our home bakery) will produce heat while working with the dough, the recipe that we use normally with hand will be too dry in the machine. At first, you will see there is a lot of liquid in the dough, but the dough will drier as it rises in the machine. I don’t like baking in the machine, and I hope you will understand now that the texture of the bread will be a lot better (and when the machine do all the kneading process, it’s a little work to shape the dough and put it in the oven). This bread will be lovely golden and crisp when toasted, so if you don’t in a sandwich mood like me, you still can enjoy it anyway.

Plain Sandwich Bread from Bread Machine

4 X 4 X 12 inches loaf pan






Bread Flour

150 g.

All purpose flour

300 g.

Sugar

40 g.

Unsalted butter (soft)

40 g.

Salt

6 g.

Instant Yeast

7 g.

Egg

1

Whole Milk

280 g.

Melted butter

for brush the finish bread

Put all the ingredient in the pan of the machine and select the dough making program.

Generously brush a 12-inch loaf pan with butter. Set aside.

When the dough program is finish, take the dough out of the machine.

Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, punch down the dough.. Cut the dough into 3 equal sizes dough, roll into the ball. Put the dough in the pan seam side down, press the dough a little bit.

Let rise in a warm place until the dough is almost double in size, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C.

Put in the preheated oven, rotating pan halfway through, bake until loaf is light golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Transfer pan to a wire rack, brush the bread with melted butter, cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and let cool completely before slicing.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! How are you?
    My name is Annina (also called Ann) and I saw your blog on daring bakers! I'm also a newbie there... and ya.. I added your blog to my link on my one: www.anninasfood.blogspot.com
    Have a good evening!
    Greetings from Switzerland, Annina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pook,
    I love breads but I don't have so much time, so mostly I use the bread machine. If knead by hand, normally the water is half of the flour, so what about using bread machine if making from start to finish? the water should be ?% more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Delia
    You can use the same recipe with the additional of 1-2 tbsp of water (or milk, depend on the kind of liquid that you use), or about 3-5% of weight of the flour.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...