Friday, February 15, 2008

Onion Soup from NDS

If you like to play video game, you should know Nintendo DS. I got it for two months now as a new year present from my brother. (At first I really want to show it to but I remember I set this blog to write about food not game, and I’m so glad that I have a chance now, ha ha) I got this program “1000 recipes from Orange Page (a Japanese food magazine)” to use with NDS, the program is very stunning (ok, if you don’t crazy about food like me you may find it just so simple but it has a function like calculate the balance of the menu and season suggestion Oh, I love it). I find this recipe is very easy to make (except it takes some time), onion soup is like a long time friend. When I was little, I went to a restaurant with my aunt, I like this soup and impress with the tasty cheese on top of the soup. I never try to make it, I don’t know why but when I read the recipe today I think it’s time. The recipe call for bouillon (you can use any flavor you like: chicken, beef, vegetable), but taste before add more salt cause most of them can be salty.


Onion Soup from NDS

Makes 2



1 Large Onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
½ Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Unsalted butter
½ piece Bouillon (any of your choice)
500 ml Water

Salt and pepper


2 slices French Bread (½ inch thick)
6 tbsp Gruyère cheese (grated)
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)


Melt butter in a saucepan. Cook onions and garlic over medium heat for 1 minutes, then lower the heat to lowest and continue cooking until golden brown, about 40 minutes.

Add water, and bouillon; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover soup, and simmer for 20 minutes.

Toast the bread slices at 150 ° C just until browned, about 10 minutes.

Ladle soup into small, oven-safe bowls. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top then place 1 slice toasted bread on top of the soup in each bowl. Then sprinkle the Gruyère cheese on top. Place soup bowls on a cookie sheet for easier handling.

Bake at 220 ° C for 10 minutes, or just until cheese is melted

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pook,

    Mind sharing where can we get this
    software? tks /Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...