Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Almond Tart

The fact is when I tried this recipe for the first time, I burned all the tart shell and I said “I don’t do this again”. The original version comes in bite size, very cute, only 1 inch in diameter. I started by following the recipe and after put the little shell in the oven; I pushed the timer button and waited by reading the book, I believe that when the timer rang, I would get a beautiful tart from the oven. After 15 minutes, my oven filled with smoke and the golden tart turn to be black, not all but half of it. I had a kitchen disaster again. I looked at the black bottom tart (the half of them even they don’t burn but a bit brown than golden), I didn’t know what to do next but my sister tell me to do the filling anyway, so I finished the tart by making the filling and baking them. When the tart came out of the oven it’s fill the room with the almond perfume and the taster like it, I thought I had to give it another try.
This time I change the size of the tart, bite size may be cute, but it’s a bit frustrated (for me), bigger pan is in need now. For the filling, I need a lot of sweet perfume so I add a vanilla extract, and double the portion and roll the tart dough thinner, as the shell is a lot and make the tart tasted like almond biscuit. And the biggest part the baking time, I use the same time as the book suggest for the small tart. Now, I have a lovely almond tart that I can show the world, and hope you enjoy it as well.
(I don’t like to talk about other people’s faults so I don’t want to tell you the name of the book but for everyone’s note this book is printed in Thai language.)

Almond Tart
4- (4 ½ inches x 1 inch)


Tart

120 g

All purpose flour

35 g

Grounded almond

40 g

Confectioner’s sugar

¼ tsp

Salt

115 g

Unsalted butter

Almond cream

120 g

Unsalted butter

130 g

Sugar

2

Eggs

1 tsp

Pure vanilla extract

100 g

Grounded almond

4 tbsp

Cake flour

½ tsp

Salt

Topping

80 g

Silvered almond

Make the tart:

Sift confectioner’s sugar, and set aside. Sift the flour and salt together, and set aside

Beat the butter and confectioner’s sugar together, until light and puffy, add the almond and flour mixture, and beat just until combined.

Cover with cling film and chill the tart dough for 30 minutes.

Brush the tart pans with butter (a lot will be good), roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5mm (1/4 inch). Carefully lift it up with the rolling pin, and ease it into the tart pans.

You have to chill the tart cases for at least 30 minutes before baking.

Preheat the oven to 180°C

Bake blind the pastry for about 15 minutes until the pastry is just turning golden. Remove and keep the oven switched on.

While baking the tart shell, making the almond cream:

Sift the four and salt together, and set aside

Beat the butter and together, until light and puffy, add the vanilla then the egg, one at a time. Add the almond and flour mixture, and beat just until combined.

Spread the almond cream over the tart shell, sprinkle with silvered almond. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tart is beautiful golden, take the tart out of the oven and let to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...